Saturday, January 28, 2006

Installed DSPAM

I finally got around to installing DSPAM, that I wrote about before, on the MailBarricade servers.  This offers an additional spam filter to the Bayesian filter supplied by SpamAssassin.

I was able to follow these instructions for compiling DSPAM for use with amavisd-new, and they worked very well.  In addition, I trained  the database with the SpamAssassin Public Corpus (link on this page).

Currently, I have only turned it on for learning, but I am not blocking on the results of the DSPAM.  I want to make sure that there is a feedback loop to retrain messages that are mismarked.  It looks like amavisd-new has calls both SpamAssassin and DSPAM. 

From the logs it looks like DSPAM is passed the SpamAssassin score.  But from the instructions that I used, it looks like you can write a SpamAssassin rule that uses the headers from DSPAM for setting a score.  Maybe DSPAM gets called twice.

Also when Maia Mailguard "learns" a message, it calls SpamAssassin's learn or report.  I would imagine that it should also call

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unlocking Raspberry Pi Potential: Navigating Network Booting Challenges for Enhanced Performance and Reliability

I've set up several Raspberry Pis around our house for various projects, but one recurring challenge is the potential for SD card failur...