AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case
The AmazonBasics Travel Case allowed us to keep our assorted cables and accessories in a compact form. For this trip, we used it to store:
- 2 cell phone chargers
- USB cable & power adapter for our kindles
- USB cable for phone
- ethernet cable
- charger for Motorola Xoom
- USB thumb drive
- extra sdcard
- Charger for Samsung Series 5 Chromebook
All of these items fit in a 10" x 6" case. One good thing about this is that having these items contained in one case made it easy to find each of these items. Also, my backback wasn't loaded with a rats nest of wires.
I did put this case inside my checked bag, as I was sure that such a densely packed container of wires might have looked suspicious to the TSA agent watching the X-ray images.
ZuniConnect Travel IV
The ZuniConnect is a great travel router. It lets you connect to a wired or wireless network, and share that with multiple computers. It will share the network connection either via Ethernet or a 802.11g/n network. One our trip, my wife and I used the ZuniConnect to share the the hotel wired network connection with our two phones, our laptop, and our tablet.
There are some other nice features of the ZuniConnect:
- Two USB ports to charge portable devices
- The ZuniConnect can be used for a wireless network bridge to connect devices that only have an Ethernet port to connect to a wireless network.