We bought the iHome iH5 to replace the clock. This is an AM/FM clock radio with an iPod dock. This allows you to set your alarm to play any the radio or your music from your iPod.
There are some interesting features:
- Line-in jack – This allows you to connect a CD player or other mp3 player to the iHome. The line in port is used only when an iPod is not in the dock.
- Line-out jack – Allows you to connect the iHome to the an external amplifier
But there are some things that I don't like:
- The AM antenna is the external loop type. (Maybe an internal antenna could have been used.)
- The viewing angle of the electroluminescent display is pretty small. When not viewed straight on, the time can be pretty hard to see.
- A remote control is not included, but is available as an extra purchase. Without the remote, the only way to control an iPod is with buttons on the iPod itself.
- The iHome has uses a large power brick, instead of an internal power supply.
But as a whole, I like the radio.