Sunday, August 27, 2006

disabled QoS

I had been noticing we haven't been getting as much bandwidth, as I was expecting from our Cable Modem connection.  Out of curiosity, I turned off the QoS setting that I talked about before, and our download speed went from 3000kbs to 6500kbs.

I tried adjusting the settings, but I wasn't able to get it working well.  I don't really want to spend the time now to upgrade to a later version of the sveasoft software or try OpenWRT, so I am just going to leave QoS turned off.  This isn't a big deal, since we don't run a server at home or use VoIP any more.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unlocking Raspberry Pi Potential: Navigating Network Booting Challenges for Enhanced Performance and Reliability

I've set up several Raspberry Pis around our house for various projects, but one recurring challenge is the potential for SD card failur...