Thursday, October 7, 2004

Switched to

We had our wireless broadband, by, installed today and it is working great. We are seeing upload and download speeds of areound 3Mbs

Speed results

There was only one problem that we saw. When it was first installed, there was about a 5 minute period that the connection stopped working. Since the installer was still here, he called technical support and by the time that he was off the phone it was working.

Ther is one other problem that I am having. I forgot to set the time-to-live to a shorter value for our main domain ( When I was testing the connection, I resolved several host names, while they were still pointing to the SBC ip address. Now that I have changed them the record on the dns servers will not be reloaded for about 20 hours. Until that happens, we can not see our own web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revolutionizing Air Quality Monitoring: How I Upgraded Our System with Mila Integration for Smart Home Automation

In this blog post , I explained how I set up an air quality monitoring system for our neighborhood. With this setup, we can keep an eye on t...