I got a call from AT&T offering a pretty good deal for 6 mbs DSL, so I decided to try them out. We got the package a few days ago, and I installed it last night.
After I installed it, I tested the speed, and dslreports.com, and I only got about 1.4 mbs of download speed. I then tried moving the dsl modem to the closet where the cable mode is. I couldn't get dsl signal there at all, even though there is dial tone.
I got frustrated, and just reinstalled the cable modem. Then out of curiosity, I ran the speed test, and these are the results that I got:
I saw these result on my laptop connected to the cable modem through 802.11g. It is possible, that I was directly connected the results could have been better
Now, I just have to deal with AT&T to cancel the dsl service.