Thursday, February 2, 2006

bwshare apache module

Today, the server that is running this blog was running out of memory.  The problem was there was a subnet range that was hitting different urls on this blog in a rapid succession.  I had apache configured so that it was was allowing 150 child threads.  This with them memory requirements of LifeType, the box was running out of memory.

After I fixed the apache configuration, I also setup iptables to block requests from that range.  In addition, I installed the bwshare apache module.  This module will automatically change the response to to a html warning message, which will not require the php script to be run.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unlocking Raspberry Pi Potential: Navigating Network Booting Challenges for Enhanced Performance and Reliability

I've set up several Raspberry Pis around our house for various projects, but one recurring challenge is the potential for SD card failur...