So yesterday Apple announced the iPhone. Personally, I want this device, but before I would purchase this, I would want some questions answered:
- How much would the Cingular charge for the data plan? Potentially this would use a lot of network bandwidth.
- How usuable is the UI with a the touch screen, especially without feedback? I didn't like our Philips Pronto as a remote, as you really couldn't use it without looking directly at it.
- How are the mail account settings configured on the device? I don't want this device to check all of the mail accounts that I have configured on my Mac, but only a subset.
- How durable is the screen? I normally keep my cell phone in my pocket. Will the screen get scratched?
I just looked at my requirements for my ideal phone, and the iPhone is lacking in a few ways:
- Can't install Gmail for mobile
- Doesn't sync wireless over bluetooth