I would like to see a few things added to this:
- Better support for multiple notifications. Currently only the last notification is shown. There are a few things that could be done
- Create a view that aggregates all of the new notifications since the user last looked at the phone
- Create a prioritization scheme that would make sure that the most important notifications are visible first
- Allow developers to expire previous notifications for their applications
- Support to send information back to developers. Since using Apple's Push Notification requires developers to have a server that keeps a persistent connection with Apple's servers. This connection could be used to send information from about the iPhone back to developers
- For example, this could be used to send location data back to developers. This would allow Loopt or Google Latitude to update a users location without running an application in the foreground.
- Having this implemented in this manner, it would allow the users to have control over this data
- Users should be able to go to settings application and disable this feature for all applications, or for particular applications
- Apple could control the frequency that the GPS would be turned on, so they could conserve power appropriately.