- You can sign into your Xbox Live account with facial recognition, but if you have a PIN on your profile, you will only be logged into your local profile, but not logged in online.
- While some games let use your avatar while playing, and some will use facial recognition to log into your account, I haven't seen any game that will correctly choose a show more than one avatar, when two people are playing.
- You are not able to use voice or hand controls to do everything in the dashboard. For example:
- You can't use voice or use your body to control Netflix playback
- You can't open the DVD tray with your voice.
- You should definitely plan on redoing the KinectID calibration multiple times, to make the facial recognition work well.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Interesting Kinect features/behaviors
We got a Kinect a few weeks ago, and have really been enjoying it. There are some interesting features/behavior of the implementation: